Acroflow Workshop with Matt Mulligan
Samstag, 02.06. und Sonntag, 03.06. 2018
In this two-day workshop Matt Mulligan will share an introduction to his approach to acrobatics.
Matt's exploration of acrobatics has taken place over many years (he is a graduate of Circomedia Circus School and Northern School of Contemporary Dance and has toured nationally and internationally in a number of circus, dance and theatre productions) and continues to be influenced by his experience within professional dance, circus, martial arts and movement coaching.
Matt's approach to teaching through bodyroots.org begins from the starting point that it is a natural human drive to feel empowered and satisfied through movement.
Acrobatics can be a fun, challenging, stimulating part of this journey; especially once we recognise that acrobatics, like other physical languages, can be enhanced and enjoyed best by being viewed through the lens of mindfulness.
Across the workshop you will ...
- Learn techniques for developing a sustainable acrobatics practice, and how to incorporate elements of acrobatic training into your current physical practice.
- Learn the ways in which acrobatics can best be practiced for predictable progress - rather than the ‘hit and miss’ feeling which some people experience with acrobatics.
- In line with your level of experience, you will learn some basic acrobatic manoeuvres ( cartwheel, macaco, rolling ), and become familiar with the routes into more complex acrobatic manoeuvres ( front walkover, back handspring, arabian, flips and kicks). You will understand some of the common principles which unite most acrobatic movements - paying particular attention to intelligent use of the weight of the pelvis, and understanding the role of the spine.
- You will learn some technical basics for widening your ‘acrobatic fluency’- including dynamic moving balances and techniques borrowed from acrobatics, contact improvisation, gymnastics, capoeira, and contemporary dance.
- You will find and become comfortable with new pathways and qualities in your body.
For more Infos/Bio about Matt please check his website bodyroots.org
Leitung: Matt Mulligan
Datum: Samstag, 02.06.2018, 13:30 - 18:30 und
Sonntag, 03.06.2018, 10:00 - 17:30
Kosten: CHF 250.–